Too much focus on Inspector, less on coding

hi guys, I’m probably years late, but I’m struggling to understand some code we are doing right now.
in the last 3 lectures we spent 40 minutes on animation and keyframe in a super precise way.
But when we move into coding again, I can see everything is just throw in there with little explanation…
I didn’t have any problem till now, so my question is: will I get more coding notions from this point or that’s the maximum level we reach with this particular course?
is it going to be more focused “animation/editor”?

its not like I’m stuck or anything, but it just feels like coding is getting less important.
in example: Rick just throw in

private void AttempttoPlaceDefenderAt(Vector2 gridPos)`

I understand what is trying to do, but he doesn’t take any moment to explain why we need the gridPos in order to know we are trying to spawn a defender.
It took me awhile to remember that we are clicking on an invisible collider.

1 Like

and yet again, moving into next lectures, the coding part really feels rushed.
basically he just types and repeat outloud what he’s writing.
some explanation here and there but no new concept, just the simplest challenges.

Hi Jersy, I agree it was somewhat hurried. I think though that the level of code here has been covered off fairly comprehensively in previous lessons, so perhaps that’s the reason things are glossed over in this project.

Ping a message if you need a hand though - I’m a Johnny-come-lately to this course too; we probably won’t be getting the gamedev.tv crew to re-record things, but it does seem there are still helpful people around to answer questions.

Hi Christh,

since I was starting my 2D course just to grasp the basics, I’m moving now (at 75%) to the 3D course.
My goal is to have fun with the third dimension and to consolidate the code I’ve been learning for the past 30hours or so.
Still Enjoying it

Keep it up!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms