// todo not the same color as the rest of the comment

I have asked this question several times now, but have yet to get an answer. When I use
“// todo yada yada yada”, the “todo” is the same color as “yada yada yada”.

But in the video it is a different color as shown below:

todo

Is this a setting or something. I would like to have the “todo” in a different colour than the rest of the comment as well. Anyone know how to do (pun) this?

Hi,

In Visual Studio you can configure the fonts and colours used for a variety of the editors display by selecting Tools, Options and then expanding the Environment options. Select Fonts and Colours.

Under Display Items you will see a long list of items that you can configure.

If you want the actual word TODO to be in a different colour you will invariably need to consider installing an extension. Notably, Resharper adds specific functionality to allow the creation of patterns but I believe the output is to format the whole line, not just the one word. There are others which may be worth considering;

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

See also;

2 Likes

Thanks Rob

I’m a little hesitant to install extensions as i am worried about what else would the extensions change. Might be worthwhile though to have one lesson on what you guys typically use. Just a thought.

1 Like

I dont personally have any installed, but then I have been using Visual Studio for many years so I’m not too worried about the fonts/colours etc.

Installing the extensions isn’t really a big issue, at worst sometimes they can slow things down a bit, especially on Visual Studio starting up, ReSgarper used to be notorious for this but it does provide a lot of goodies also.

Something like TODO Highlighting I would suggest should be fairly low risk.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms