Timeline

Every time I align game object to view, it messes up the orientation of the previous frames. It doesn’t work unless I move the game object with translations in the inspector or scene window.

The rotation of the camera messes it up

Hi Jaden1,

Please check your very first keyframe. Does it contain all properties you animate in the other keyframes? Are the inital values of those properties set there?

If a property is missing in the first keyframe, the animation takes the value from the next keyframe where the property is used. This often results in an unexpected behaviour.

If the entire animation is broken and if fixing it manually takes up too much time, I would recommend to remove the animation, and to redo it. That’s usually faster.

Did this help?

See also:

Everything seems normal. I followed the instruction exactly. The ship will move around the map but the camera will not orient itself in the direction the ship is facing. Any rotation messes it up. Its like it is making every key frame rotate instead of just the one I am working on.

Oh I figured out what you meant. I think it just needed me to add the rotation property

Does that mean you fixed the problem? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Im all good! Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms