Timeline Synchronization Question

Hey all. I’m not sure exactly how to ask this question, but I’ll try my best. I want to know if there’s a way to synchronize multiple timelines because I’m animating different components of the same object.

Check out my last post, “They Won’t Get Away!” I have the helicopter flying in while audio is playing, and there’s a spotlight attached. I want to animate the spotlight so it can rotate, however it’s very difficult because I can’t figure out where the helicopter would be at a given time.

For example, at :20 (20 seconds) in, the helicopter would be at a certain point, but I seem to have to animate the spotlight independently. If I could see where the helicopter was, I’d be able to rotate it properly.

Does that make any sense? I hope so. Think about video editing…if you have multiple clips on a timeline, they all play at once so you can synchronize different things such as over-the-shoulder graphics, for example.

Hi Adam,

Is the helicopter animated by the Timeline? If so, you know exactly where it is in each moment. If the spotlight is attached to a child of the helicopter, you could animate that child separately. Before you rotate that child, create a keyframe for it with the current values. Then rotate it.

I’m not sure, though, if this is what you wanted to know.

Privacy & Terms