Timeline scale changing without notice

At 5:26 the timeline scale suddenly changes as if the training recording was stopped just before this point, the time scale adjusted, and then the training recording started again, with no mention of how the time line changed. Please don’t rush through this stuff…this particular course has been good so far, because time is taken to explain the concepts properly and not rushed through, until now.

I have worked out that scrolling on the timeline changes the scale, but once changed how do I get back to the zero point efficiently, without having to drag the mouse off the timeline screen and hold till minutes later when the line finally gets back to zero seconds?

Also, my timeline was originally in frames. It would have saved me a lot of frustration if it was mentioned up front to click on the cog and change the scale to seconds, instead of frames.

I would recommend that this particular lesson be broken up into 2 parts so that the changes from frame to seconds and changes to the scale are given a proper mention.

1 Like

Thank you for pointing this out, I had this exact issue and hoped that someone had already asked this question as I couldn’t figure out how it has changed (and didn’t know it was based on frames, not time).

I dont know if it needs to be broken into two parts, but it definitely needs to be shown that Rick switched from frames to seconds and how he did it.

Privacy & Terms