Timeline not working in game

When I edit the timeline and drag the current time slider across, everything is animated as it should be. When I click play game the only think that is animated is the Main Camera.

Hi Timmy, welcome to the community :slight_smile:

Your timeline is attached to an active GameObject in the Hierarchy?

Some screenshots may be useful.

When you mention that the Main Camera is the only thing which animates, have you added any components to the Main Camera?

Yes I have my player ship attached tot he main camera and that animates as it should. I do have the wave 1 as a game object and attached are the wave 1 enemies. I have uploaded a link to a YouTube video of it. (the file was too big to upload here).

The first part is where I manually animate the timeline by dragging the current time slider. The second part is when I click play.

That’s a very nice scene you have there, the music really suits, well done.

With regards to the enemies, and wave 1, does the Wave1 GameObject have the PlayableDirector component attached?

Yes it does have the Playable Director attached.

…and do the enemies, within Wave1 have the Animator components?

Yes they all have Animator components as well.

hmmm… if you are happy to share the project files I’d be happy to take a quick look for you.

The forum will allow uploads of up to 10MB, if your project files (zipped) are larger than that you would need to use a service such as Google Drive or Dropbox, and then share the URL.

Im not too familiar with how to create zip files. It would be over 10mb I have an assets pack that is over 2gb.

If you select the parent folder that contains your entire project, then, if you using Windows, right-click and choose Send to / Compressed (zipped) folder.

okay thanks. I am compressing it now. Will upload here if I can.

No worries, I will keep an eye on this topic to see when it appears :slight_smile:

Note, you wont be able to upload it here, you’ll need to use a service such as Google Drive / Dropbox, and then share the URL to the file.

Do you have an email I could send it to?

You can PM me on here if you like, I can grab the URL from there. :slight_smile:

Just need to click on my profile image and you should see an option to Message.

I have compressed and am currently uploading the file. It’s 6.1gb.

1 Like

Quite the whopper, obviously full to the brim with assets :slight_smile:

No problem, I will keep an eye on the forum and hit download in due course.

Hi Timmy,

Sorry for the delay responding, it took quite a while for the project to open and then I just wanted to familiarise myself with what you have going on. Quite a few components on the objects which weren’t moving so tried to isolate the issue.

If you take a look at the enemies within Wave (1) you’ll see that they are all set to static;

If you un-check that, you’ll find that they all start moving again;

You may want to make sure this option isn’t set for any other GameObjects you are using from the assets you have, which you plan to move as enemies, as I suspect your inherited this option being set, as opposed to set it yourself.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

See also;

Yes that fixed it, Thank you so much! I will read up on static gameobjects as well.

1 Like

You’re more than welcome, and again, sorry for the delay responding. The second time I opened the project it was as fast as any other project, just that initial open that was a slow one. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms