Timeline not working; door doesn't open

Hello,

I did everything exactly the way the tutorial explains, but I didn’t have the same results.

After adding the timeline, the door doesn’t even open.

The only difference that I found between the tutorial and what I did, was when I open the timeline window and select “Add Float Track,” the line that appears is grey instead of red. I don’t know why this happens, but I am pretty sure that this has something to do with the door not opening; it is the only difference that I noticed between the tutorial and what I’ve been doing.

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks.

2 Likes

I have the same problem…

1 Like

@rsancle

For both of you, I had the same issue. It seems to be a UE4 glitch. Delete your scripts. Then restart the editor. Make sure the basic script (just the OpenRequest event and SetActorRotation) work first. Then the timeline should work.

Unless you already got it working? :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for your answer, I think that can help to other people.

In my case, I was inserting a wrong grades. I don’t remember wich value I was insertig exactly but something like 0.90 instead of 90. :sweat:

In the Door Swing_Timeline, select the 2nd point (the 2 second one), and set the value to -80 or whatever angle you like.

This did not work for me, after making the timeline itself, nothing worked. Anyone else have any answers? I did what TheAurian recommended, but it just didn’t work. It seems that if I don’t have the timeline in general, everything works, but soon as I put it in, everything gets thrown off. I checked my values too.

I have found a solution to my problem. In the event graph, there is an option that is not where Ben goes, but is under a different category. Under Add Event for Open Door/Event Dispatchers there is an option for Add OnOpenRequest option. This may be your issue. Otherwise, I have no other solutions.

Privacy & Terms