Timeline/Argon Assault Structure Issues

I have really enjoyed this course. It’s clear, concise and keeps things interesting.

However, I’ve had a lot of difficulty with the Argon Assault section. The primary cause is the circuit system moved my camera WAY too fast for me to effectively test much of the functionality. See here for an example. That’s 2 laps of my 1000 x 1000 terrain in 12 seconds. As a result, I disabled some functionality during the course to workaround the circuit system. I now need to watch the earlier lectures again to find out what/where I turned things off.

Timeline replaces the circuit system but only after it’s been impacting the learning experience for 25~ lectures. Can you replace the circuit system from the beginning? Also, I’ve recreated my timeline sequence 10 times as it doesn’t seem to support editing steps. If it does, please take more time to demo.

Please do review and consider the requested improvements to keep this section at the same level of quality as previous.

I would suggest you search for the Smooth Waypoint Circuit thread and use that as opposed to the given circuit. I found that as soon as I switched, things became much easier to deal with. Not sure how I feel about timeline as of yet with the rails system. Thinking I am about to skip the last videos and move one.

I’m also of the opinion (at this point in time) that using Timeline might not be the way to go. I’m going to take a look at the alternative waypoint system suggested in the forums and see if that is more user friendly for this pace of game development.

It something I think Rick & Ben might need to address.

Privacy & Terms