Thor boardinson

Well…Rick encouraged us to use our own sprites. After naming my snow boarder Thor Boardinson I realized I had to create…Thor Boardinson. So I did. He must race down the slopes of Asgard to reach Valhalla…which is in fact a Mead Hall for the Mighty. Here are some screen shots. I would love to record video but I am not that technically savvy. I will upload the level to itch.io when we are done with this exercise and it will certainly be good for a laugh.
THOR BOARDINSON | ShareMyGame.com
THOR BOARDINSON by SHAMANWOLF2000 (itch.io)

8 Likes

Wow, I love how much extra thought you put into this, looks more like a playable game now rather than just a prototype, nicely done!

1 Like

Here it is!!
THOR BOARDINSON by SHAMANWOLF2000 (itch.io)
THOR BOARDINSON | ShareMyGame.com
Thank you for the kind remark! Next game…next game…

2 Likes

Very cool game! I really like the scene and when you do the flips everything seems to slow down a bit to allow the flip to be completed, love this!

2 Likes

Love to hear this!!

1 Like

I didn’t think to add sprites in a higher order layer, which would make it look like the player is passing behind trees but can still ski on the ground.

1 Like

I played around a lot with order layer. I did not want too much foreground so that the player can see most of the action. But a little here and there I thought would be a good touch.

That’s a great idea. Less is more. Too much can swamp the player.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms