This is where my project died

Right about 14:52 in this lecture I deleted my entire prefabs folder, so everything says “Missing prefab”. It gave me a warning, but that warning is the same we have seen before when deleting one item and I didn’t notice I had my actual folder selected. Now what do I do? :frowning:

Okay have you tried ctrl + z. And did you save after you deleted the prefabs

Thanks Dimitry, I did try Ctrl+Z, but when you do something like that I think the warning says you can’t reverse the process. At this point I just need to build it again and quickly, but I would rather not watch all those lectures again. Listening to Rick at 2x speed is hilarious, but I miss things sped up, because he moves around the screen rather quickly to begin with.

Thanks again.

Oh well, good luck re-making all the prefabs again and listening to Rick at 2x is hilarious.

I know I’m 18 days too late here, but I did something similar (I only deleted a couple of prefabs, though) and I solved it by simply going to my recycle bin and restoring the deleted items.

1 Like

You could potentially use the link to GitHub under each lecture for the project changes and grab a copy of the project as it was at the end of the previous lecture.

1 Like

Just FYI - I noticed when I delete things in Unity they actually end up in the trash can in windows… You could try restoring the files by dragging them back into the assets folder if they appear in the trash like mine did…

1 Like

Privacy & Terms