This is my church doorway, just to let you know ;)

At the beginning of the lecture, I decided to build my own building and not the church. But sometimes my project doesn’t have the need for the new model ways, as Michael is learning us.

So for this particular lecture, I decided to build the church doorway arch, as a single object. I would emphasize to everybody, to follow the lecture and try to issues shown. You will learn a lot, by just doing it. Even if it’s not needed in your current (side) project.

I think, I’ll add some more details. :wink:

12 Likes

6 Likes

You may think, it’s a big church. But here’s my model setup.

5 Likes

With such open design, LIGHT PORTALS are no use in my set-up. But I can use them in my other project, which has very enclosed space with (dark) windows. I try it there.

Nice doorway. Should look great when rendered.

Yeah, Pete. I think you are right everyone should try this as it is a very powerfu technique to master.

1 Like

Great work everyone, but I have a question. How are you creating the shape for the doors and windows?

Just follow the lessons Michael gives for the church section.
To be honest, I started first with a modern building construct. No bezier curves and extruding array meshes (that how its done). But then I couldn’t follow the lessons from Michael, so I decided to make some church parts.

Ok, so he does tell us? Good to know! :slight_smile: Thanks!

Privacy & Terms