This is exactly what I was looking for!

I’ve been hesitant to buy this course bc I have the other GDTV multiplayer course and UE has a few example projects which coupled with google/chat-gpt should be enough to figure out what I want to do.

What I want to do is have a mostly single player-ish game experience where your friends can join in and hop out. I wrongly believed that the server was not capable of being little more than a command line program ran on an EC2 in Ohio and NM Play as Listen Server was a debug for “seeing” what the server “sees” in editor. According to Kaan, Play as Listen Server is not a debug, it is a valid mode, and I’m an ID10T.

I’ve been googling things like ‘player 0 as server’, reading through some of the replication code, scratching my head, doing online donuts in vehicles, spawning enough replicated and has-authority cubes to blot out the sun, and looking for my lord and savior the Omniscient Dan “The Man” Marshall on LinkedIn when the answer is so obvious. I’m a cave man. Thank you Kaan and thank you again GDTV for saving me the embarrassment of asking Dan The Man another stupid question!

3 Likes

You’re welcome :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Privacy & Terms