There is no location rotation scale keyframes option in blender 2.9

There is no location rotation scale keyframes option in blender 2.9. If I click the shortcut, it just adds one dot instead of four in the timeline.

1 Like

can you show a screen shot!

The option is probably collapsed?
Click on it to open?

1 Like

1 Like

The yellow dot is normal, you are working on the time line. Where you only see key frames.

Maybe switch over to the dope sheet panel or graph editor.

Use ‘i’ hotkey to insert location or rotation or scale.

2 Likes

Thank you, Sir, And I have another doubt, I have added the rigid body to both the ball and pin but they are not colliding.

1 Like

Are they ACTIVE or PASSIVE objects.

The floor is PASSIVE, doesn’t have physics applied to it, execept for being an object in a physics envivironment
While the ball and pin neeed to be active, under controle of Blender physics engine.

• Check scalle (set to 1)
  • Check gravity point (the origin point location).
2 Likes

Sir actually the ball goes in the upward direction instead of rolling on the plane in the backward direction(according to the tutorial).

1 Like

The ball bounces instead of rolling.

1 Like

While here on earth gravity works in one direction.
In Blender you can configure it by yourself.
My first idea is that a Blender physics option has been changed.
Can not tell you what!

• Check if your ball has mass (also not negative)
  • Check if gravity is not 0

? Every object can have properties like bounciness, check this.

Check also the location of the origin point . It must be in the middle of the ball.

Everybody is exiting to test things out, so if you did (switching things on/off),
try to reset the options to the default values.

1 Like

It is hidden now.
On the far let of the timeline there is a little arrow to click to bring out a small tool panel. (Arrow is visible in your screenshots.)
Open that and drop down the ‘summary’ word that is there. Then the 4 dots show up and more can be opened up if needed. I assume the change is for a neater tidier default look.

2 Likes

You have high lane edges.
The passive body if set to bounding box will be a box that holds the whole mesh, so it thinks the ‘surface’ is at a level of the highest bits of the mesh. So the ball is thrown up to be above not what it thinks is inside the lane mesh.

Try collision as ‘mesh’ as a shape it will probably work then.
Alternatively separate out the mesh into a flat floor lane and separate objects as the higher sides.

You may once it is much closer to working, need to reduce the collision margin on both ball and floor. Depending on how accurately you have them in proximity.

4 Likes

Thank you so much, sir.it worked

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms