There are a lot of files that are missing from my game build

I just built my game, and I can only see 2 of the four files ben said to delete, and only 2 of the 4 ben said to keep.

Is this okay?

Thanks,
Aidan

1 Like

did you figure out if it is okay that you are missing those folders cause i am missing them too

I’m figuring that Unreal Engine found a way to cut down on files, and were not going to be deleting them, just .gitignore-ing them. Just do what he says for the gitignore on the folders that you have that he is gitignore-ing. (That probably made no sense…)

okay thanks for the quick replay

@Paribesh62 I just found out that once you begin to modify an object in unreal with C++, all these things appear. What’s happened (i think) is that Unreal hasn’t actually opened visual studio for us, and it creates this file when it does. You’ll see this in lecture 56, don’t commit if he tells you to on that lecture if you haven’t .gitignore-d the files.

2 Likes

I had this same problem too, at the start.

The files are all actually there. On my computer the Build folder is under repos\03_BuildingEscape\BuildingEscape\Intermediate\Build, the VC.db files (Mine have a -shm and a -wal at the end) are in the file directory: 03_BuildingEscape\BuildingEscape.vs\BuildingEscape\v15, and the rest are at the front.

I am coming from lecture 58 “Your First .gitignore for Unreal” but since I saw the question here I though I would post the answer.

If you do not see the folders, and you haven’t made multiple games, you can use your search bar (You can type in it immediately after pressing the Windows Key) to search for them.

You actually do not delete the files, so keep them.

I am using Windows 10 Home, Visual Studio 2017 Version 15.8.5, and Unreal Version 4.15.3

1 Like

!
Heres what I got! I have 625 mb in config and 941mb in intermediate in the picture below.

snipin

I am using Windows 10 Home, Visual Studio 2017 Version 15.8.5, and Unreal Version 4.15.3. Copy and pasted your version :), but its all the same for me.

Everytime I create the project, I keep getting little red X’s on some of the folders.

Does anyone know what is happening and how to solve this issue?

Privacy & Terms