The Unity 2D RPG Complete Combat Course is the Best 20 bucks I've ever spent

Just wanted to take the time to express my appreciation for how much went into this course. Although I came close to completing the old Complete C# Unity Game Development course and have finished roughly half of the new version of that course, until just now I had not actually finished a complete GameDev.tv course.

And I am very happy that this is the first course on this platform I completed! There were such a wide number of topics covered–and explained–and I really learned a lot! A lot of the topics were explained very well but weren’t dwelt upon for very long and this works for me because I have adapted to a certain learning system where I go extremely slowly and break down what I’m learning and incorporate it into a digital flashcard system I study daily to make sure I retain it. I would consider this course to be pretty dense, while also moving at a brisk pace, and I hope that doesn’t turn anyone off! I really hope other people taking this course take the initiative to break down everything in a way that works for them if they aren’t positive exactly what everything means the first time they are introduced to it and study, study, study! Since learning is basically creating and strengthening endless fields of brain connections, it helps to make sure you don’t skip over anything you’re unsure on to build a more solid and lasting foundation.

I am also a firm believer in learning new material in both a useful and interesting context. And (aside from Stephen’s excellent way of explaining things in a way that makes sense) I think that’s probably why I enjoyed, and learned so much from, this course. Learning concepts like working with enums and pretty much everything involved with that excellent Shooter script was definitely aided by learning in the context of a 2D ARPG, which is one of my favorite genres as well as one of the main genres I am developing games in.

I also love that this course isn’t full of deprecated code like a large number of the free Unity courses out there–including many of the official courses from the Unity website itself! It’s really great to learn and strengthen the fundamentals in a non-broken way where I’m not having to constantly look to the YouTube comments for what I need to do to make things actually work.

So kudos to you, Stephen! And everyone else involved with this course and the site! Best 20 bucks I ever spent. I look forward to thanking you in the credits of my future games and I look forward to completing many, many, more GameDev.tv courses.

Cheers,
Ricky

Privacy & Terms