The Turn-Based Tactician - Create Tabletop Style Games In Unity With C#

I’d love a clash royale clone, but I belive that a turn base RPG, like Final Fantasy Tactics, would be the best choice because we are already developing a RPG and, for that reason, we have some RPG assets ready!

this course would be an insta-buy for me!

This is a definite YES for me!

Some x-com mini would be very nice.

Mini X-Com clone will be great

Great Idea about the worms because it implements, a lots of different game elements like specific turn based game play, a lot of physics for player movement and weapons, a lot of different weapons, level editor, etc.

While we are at it you know what may be cool to implement, a touch of RPG with leveling the individual worms, where each worm will be its own persona! :smiley:
What do you all think about this idea,a unique Worms clone (unless, something like this already exists :thinking: )?

Best regards,
Milan.

Would love to learn how to make an X-Com clone, turn-based is my favourite type of game :slight_smile:

+1 for TBS, i start all this courses to do this kind of games :slight_smile:

i will be happy to see how you do game like: age of wonders(1-3),heroes(1-7),battle brothers,sword of the starts… there are lots of great TBSs, just one example :slight_smile:
thanks.

mini x-com would be awesome… The turn-based games like Hard West or XCOM makes me motivated so much for game making. Also, clash royale clan can enlighten us about the mechanics.

I would be more interested in an AI course for turn based tactician games.

Other possible projects could include Risk style or Settlers of Catan.

1 Like

I’ve always wanted to learn how to write a chess game. Not a player vs player, but a player vs the computer. I remember a chess game that was build for the ZX81 which had just 1k of RAM. But how does the computer know what to do. How to program the AI with some sort of simple decision making technique, then continue to more complex techniques that make the AI more challenging. This is what I would like to learn.

1 Like

Count me in as well! Like so many have already said, this was my primary incentive when I started your courses.

Voteesss <333 Hit that vote button :wink: I see all the likes :smiley:

That’s a yes from me.

Any word on status?

Hey guys, thanks for asking. So @Yann_Burrett is moving to the UK soon, and I’m going to see if he’s ready for the challenge of taking this on (hint he is, I just need to make him believe that!)

Glad you’re interested guys, we’ll keep you posted.

1 Like

(I don’t REMEMBER not thinking I was ready… maybe I hit my head and forgot?) :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Adding Coop(local) and multiplayer though networking would be great, doesn’t matter if with photon or unet
Some games that i like, and i think you could take some inspiration from are : Chrono Trigger, Dofus, Wakfu,

And i think it would be great if you made only 2~3 games, and went deep on those games, with multiplayer functions Like in the unreal course, or in the Rpg Course, instead of making like “Learn to Code Making Games - Complete C# Unity Developer” with many basic games

And don’t make basic games, go straight to more complex ones, there are too many lessons on basic games in the other courses

Fire Emblem; XCOM; Advanced Wars;

The Turn Based Grid Strategy genre is something I REALLY WANT TO LEARN. My passion project, that I’ve been developing for some time now, is a Fire Emblem-style game. I’m already developing the assets necessary, and I have the rough framework in place. But I still need to learn how to write the scripts necessary to run the grid system and combat mechanics. Hearing your team’s take on it would be a massive help, @ben @Yann_Burrett.

For a game like XCOM, I figure we’ll be using Dijkstra’s Shortest Path Algorithm or A* to really pull off the unit pathing and AI on a grid system. I know Unity now has a built-in Tile Map but I still have a ways to go to fully understand how to properly use it to make something like that. Or if we have to construct our own grid to do it.

Love this idea and would support it on Kickstarter.

Privacy & Terms