The Study

Hey guys, so I just finished section 6 of the blender course and like to show what I made so far.

I kept the scope small when following section 6 of the course. I just mainly focused making a interior setting rather than going all out making a full exterior/interior model, though it felt like forever wokring on this scene, especially when you’re creating all the objects and details for the interior. I still yet to create decorations like trophies, shield, drapes, fire and frames.

I plan on adding more to the scene at some point and render a short video out of it. Hopefully I can make the time for it.

Rendered @ 1000 samples, took about 20min to render@ 1080p
(overall scene has approx 10 000 tris, majority of it comes from the chandlier which is 2500 tris)

With Volumetric lighting @ 1000 samples, took about 25min to render@ 1080p

Volumetric lighting without the point lights in the room, I just like the lighting in this :slight_smile:

Just another angle :slight_smile:

More updates coming soon :smiley:

16 Likes

Great work. Can’t wait to see the updates.

Very well done. I look forward to seeing what else you add to the scene.

very nice.

Wow man this is amazing

Hey decided to update this thread. I was really busy with work and couldn’t get the time to post this.

I manage to render out this little clip:

I rendered 240 frames. Each frame took from around 6min - 15min to render@ 1280x720 750samples. It got heavy to render out the flames…make sure you view it at 720p, there are a lot of artifacts unfortunately.

To me when I look back at this now, I feel I could of made this scene out in Unity and not have to suffer the rendering time. But this was a good experience.

Also, here is a bonus rendered 1080p images @1500 samples, these took about 50min to render…

10 Likes

This work is phenomenal well done!

You should definitely check out the Flimic colour space to really be able to make your scene pop a little more :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms