The ShadowLight Kingdom, my first playable demo

When creating a build, usually unity puts all dlls automatically, or you have to do it manually?

1 Like

It should do yes, so it could be something about either Windows Defender or possible Norton Internet Security on my laptop grabbing hold of it - I didnā€™t receive any warnings/issues from Norton Internet Security however.

upsā€¦ sorry about thatā€¦ I just find a guy who had the same issue, fixed it, and wrote a tutorial about it, so Iā€™m going to check it out and see, hopefully I can post a the woking demo soon. Thanks so much!

1 Like

No worries. Any chance of sharing the link to the article? Would be interested in reading it too if you donā€™t mind :slight_smile:

Yes, no problem, I just realized itā€™s a little bit old, and unfortunately itā€™s not working for me, Iā€™m not able to perform the required installsā€¦ Iā€™m trying to figure out some workaroundā€¦

http://luminaryapps.com/blog/code-signing-and-packaging-windows-apps-on-a-mac/

I just tried to build my own project, and it actually does put a UnityPlayer.dll next to my game executable.
You could try to add that dll manually to your zip file?

On my Windows machine it is located at:
C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\windowsstandalonesupport\Variations\win64_nondevelopment_mono
Not sure about mac thou

Edit: From this web site

I found the Mac equivalent paths, but also - I just learned that UnityPackage.dll is actually put in the same folder as the Windows build when you build it. So really you just need to include the _Data folder and the .exe like normal, but also now the 18MB UnityPlayer.dll file. So if you built the game on Mac for Windows, the dll is already in the folder with your build. Just donā€™t forget to send it over.

If you deleted that though, the Mac equivalent paths are:

/Applications/Unity/PlaybackEngines/WindowsStandaloneSupport/Variations/win64_development_mono/UnityPlayer.dll
/Applications/Unity/PlaybackEngines/WindowsStandaloneSupport/Variations/win64_nondevelopment_mono/UnityPlayer.dll

1 Like

Thanks so much for taking the time.

I just uploaded again the whole project, I hope I didnā€™t miss any file now. Hopefully it works fine now.

Here is the link again:

Thanks!!

It works now! Thank for reupload. Ill try the game tomorrow.

1 Like

Cool!! Thanks so much!!

I finally had a chance to play your game on my pc, and I got really sad that there was only one level :frowning:
I thought there were few moreā€¦
I liked a reminder to pick up your weapons when you are leaving home.
When you get a chance to pick up a second shield, I couldnā€™t find the way to figure out if new shield was actually better then the current one, so I had to drop current one and then to run over it to see the difference.
May be to add something to the message like "This shield has +2 more armor than current one ?

Also when running next to the waterfall I thought it would be better to rotate it a bit to the player like on the picture?

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry you were sad, but thatā€™s actually good, heheheā€¦ it means you liked enough to keep playing, thatā€™s nice :slight_smile:
I think itā€™s a great idea to add a note explaining better the difference between the current weapon and the new one, Iā€™ll totally add it.
About the waterfall I understand if I rotate it there will be a better point of viewā€¦ I think about it. One of my levels is going to be lots of waterfalls, so probably I should figure it out before I start design it heheheā€¦
Thanks so much for you feedback!

My short term plan will be add more levels, work the transitions between scenes, keep all the playerā€™ stats through all levels, and add more spells, I have a couple of really fun spells almost ready to test. Once that will be done, how many levels do you think a game should have? I was thinking on creating 3 levels per ā€œterritoryā€ and have 5 territories (by territory I mean terrain with similar characteristics for example a forest, low mountain, high mountain, cave, ruins). So a total of 15 levelsā€¦

I think that totally dependsā€¦
I donā€™t remember, I think in one of game design youtube videos i saw something like that a boss at the end of the level should test player of all skills he acquired during the level.
So I thought may be you could add a small boss at the end of each level and a big one at the end of your territory, and each would test those spells you want to add?
Like in the first level may be add some mechanics to the boss so that player has to run away from him sometimes because the boss will stomp at him, or something like that.
I donā€™t know if all this makes sense :slight_smile:
But yeah, i think the amount of levels totally should depend on something that you do in game, rather than just arbitrary number.
Do you actually have any GDD for the game, or you just add features as you go?

Thanks

I wrote a briefing about the story and the main goals the player needs to achieve to be passing levels, but I didnā€™t really write the GDD. The structure of my levels was designed based on the goals, but I was curious to know if people was using other ā€œkind of criteriasā€ to create their gamesā€¦ Game design and level design is a huge topic, I feel there is infinite ways to approach it :slight_smile:
I like the idea of having a boss to test the skills you learnt!! Thatā€™s a great concept!

Hi guys, after a long time without posting any updates Iā€™m sharing my Playerā€™s Stats Panel.
I think I can called finished now, maybe I need to change some stuff, but it will be minor details.
The idea is from this Stats Panel you can have an overview of the current stats, main goals and what you can get in the short term future.
Hope you like it.

p0282

3 Likes

Really like the hexagonal theme

2 Likes

I also find your choice of tesselations pleasing :slight_smile:

Looking great Dani, when is the next updated demo version available for a test run?

1 Like

Thanks @Brian_Robson :slight_smile:

Thanks @Rob! Iā€™m polishing some minor bugs and I will post another demo soon. I added some cool stuff, really excited to show the improvements :grinning:

1 Like

Fantastic! I will look forward to seeing it :slight_smile:

How is this progressing? Looked amazing back in March.

Iā€™m just putting together a YouTube ad for the RPG. Would you like a snippet of your game (along with a text credit) included?

1 Like

Privacy & Terms