The sculpting tool stopped working

Hi, while i was following the blender tutorial i was sculpting the rock for the course. After i while the sculpting tool stopped working only on the rock, it works on everything else but i can’t do anything to the rock.

Here’s a video i recorded of the problem:

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

A screenshot has a higher level of details.

The video should be HD 1080p, only the thumbnail is low quality for some reason

1 Like

Could be so, but before YouTube starts uploading the High version, I see a low version first.
And initially don’t scale the movie.
If it doesn’t work, I believe you, we want to see which options are switched on (accidentally).

Didn’t know that, sure here’s a screenshot :

1 Like

I don’t suppose you have accidentally masked it all? It does not seem so but just a shot in the dark.

1 Like

Masks are later in the course, maybe i touched an hotkey but i have no idea how to create/remove a mask. How can i check if i masked something?

It the course about using Dynotopo?
Maybe the mouse brush influence is low, because of …?

• Save project
  • Start a new project with the default cube, go into sculpt mode, and change the cube. Does it still work?
1 Like

Outliner
That little icon on the left indicates which object you are sculpting on. In order to switch the object you’re sculpting, you need to be in object mode you can click the dot on the left side of the object in the outliner.

3 Likes

Thank you, now it’s working fine

2 Likes

Well spotted!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms