The score is not increasing with the dropping object

I have searched through the different recommendations for fixing this issue, since it seems like a common one, and so far nothing I have done has fixed the issue of the dropped objects not increasing the score.
I can get the dropped objects to get the ‘Hit’ tag, but that’s it.

Even when I set the script execution order to force the score to increase before detecting that the object has actually been hit.

2 Likes

Hi Kalmana,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

Have you already tried to add Debug.Logs to your code to see what is going on during runtime? Maybe the relevant code block did not get executed. A common problem in this game is the script execution order but since you mentioned it yourself, I assume that you already ensured that the scripts are getting executed in a specific order. Nevertheless, use Debug.Logs to verify that Unity does what it is supposed to do.

Forgot this was actually posted.
The code was being weird, I ended up just making a duplicate of the cube and it worked. No changes to the code at all. And it just kind of worked with the duplicate and not the original.

And yeah, i have the debug.logs everywhere in my code to make sure it does what it’s supposed to. I never end up removing them, just commenting them out when they aren’t useful anymore

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms