The project could not be compiled. Would you like to open it in Visual Studio?

Running D:/Games/UE_4.16/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe BuildingEscape Development Win64 -project=“D:/Projects/UnrealEngine/BuildingEscape/BuildingEscape.uproject” -editorrecompile -progress -NoHotReloadFromIDE
Creating makefile for BuildingEscape (no existing makefile)
Performing full C++ include scan (no include cache file)
@progress push 5%
Parsing headers for BuildingEscapeEditor
Running UnrealHeaderTool “D:\Projects\UnrealEngine\BuildingEscape\BuildingEscape.uproject” “D:\Projects\UnrealEngine\BuildingEscape\Intermediate\Build\Win64\BuildingEscapeEditor\Development\BuildingEscapeEditor.uhtmanifest” -LogCmds=“loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error” -Unattended -WarningsAsErrors -installed
Reflection code generated for BuildingEscapeEditor in 8.5432551 seconds
@progress pop
ERROR: Windows SDK v8.1 must be installed in order to build this target.

And then when I load it into VS It doesn’t work…

Hi,

It looks like you haven’t installed the windows 8.1 SDK when you set up Visual Studio.

You can find it under “Individual components” right at the bottom of the list if the “Workloads” you selected failed to install it.

Find the installer in start menu and run it, then select modify.

Go to the “individual components section” and select Windows 8.1 SDK, which will be right at the bottom of the list.

Click “Modify” and once it’s finished doing it’s thing you should be good to go!

All the best

Barry

I had a very similar problem to. I was running a video game while I opened up Unreal Engine and was playing the game while Unreal Engine was downloading. I just closed my files and it worked properly.

Privacy & Terms