The position of my Player Ship is not 0,0,0

The position of my Player Ship is not 0,0,0 as Rick’s (neither is its rotation). When I reset its whole transform, the Player Ship is away from the center of the Player Rig. Does anyone know how to fix it?

I found my Main Camera with the same issue.

I reset the transforms of both Main Camera and Player Ship to 0,0,0, but then the Master Timeline is affected (to be specific, the rotation of Animated Values). So I made changes to related axis and now everything seems alright.

Wrong section? Sounds game not Blender related.

Sorry. I got it to the wrong place when edited it.

1 Like

Hi,

Here is a list of things you could check if there is still a problem:

1. Only the Player Rig (= the root game object) is animated.
  2. Only the Player Ship (= the child of Player Rig) gets moved via code.
  3. The local position values of both the Camera and the Player Ship are set to x = 0 and y = 0.
  4. The z-position of the Camera is lower than 0.

I hope this helped. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the help.
I have two more new questions:

1. after the change, the position of my Player Rig in the scene and that in the Timeline are different so there is a little jump when I toggle. Is there a way to quickly adjust one to fit the other?
  2. as you can see from the screen shot below, my Camera is not in a normal way a camera would be (I mean there would usually be border lines of the camera’s view; right?) Why is this?

Before focussing on new problems: Is the previous problem fixed?

1. What exactly do you want to do? Do you want to see the ship in the scene window from the same position as in your game window? If so, select the ship, then go to GameObject > Align View To Selected in the top horizontal menu. There is also an option for aligning the camera view to the current scene view.

2. Your screenshot looks fine to me. If you miss lines or icons that are not part of your actual game, you very likely look for gizmos. Depending on your version of Unity, click the button with the sphere in the top right corner of the scene window, or the arrow next to it to open a menu. In that menu, you can enable/disable gizmos.

See also:

1 Like

Yes. The previous problem is fixed.

Thanks to answering my two new questions. I’ll post in a bit more detail on one of them as a new topic.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms