The Player Can't Shoot Anymore

I did all the refactoring and correct all the errors, but after the last compilation of the solution, the player can’t shoot anymore, but the rest like the AI and the movement of the player is working well. Any tips?

I solved.

How?? I have the same problem. I just solved it. The FirstPersonCharacter BP lost it’s Projectile reference in the (self) section. I put it back as FirstPersonProjectile (it was none). Now all is well.

Can’t shoot anymore too. I tried the solution of @Ron_Welch but I set also FirstPersonProjectile instead of BallProjectile cause BallProjectile doesn’t show the Projectile as soon as I shoot.

I had the same problem, fixed it but didn’t fully understand why so here is what I found.

I wanted to provide some explanation on why the BallProjectile class shoots invisible spheres.

To my understanding, we made the BallProjectile class to serve as a parent for the FirstPersonProjectile_BP which happens to have a StaticMesh.

• BallProjectile - > sets how the projectile should behave, collision and movement
  • FirstPersonProjectile_BP-> adds a “StaticMesh” component which is set to a sphere so we can actually see it

You can just rename FirstPersonProjectile_BP to BallProjectile_BP to avoid confusion.

Privacy & Terms