The link seems broken

#toon-tanks
When I tried to download the ToonTanksProjectSetup.zip, by clicking on it like this -
Annotation 2020-06-03 160222
Then that link takes me to this page -

And so I am unable to download it!
Please fix this issue at your earliest convenience.
EDIT - Also, I heard the instructor saying that the ToonTanksProjectSetup was made in UE 4.25. I haven’t upgraded to that version yet, mainly because of VS Code Intellisense issues and my slow internet. So, is upgrading to UE 4.25 the only option for me?? if the project was made in UE 4.24 or below, I would certainly be happy, because then the people who hadn’t upgraded to UE 4.25 would still be able to follow the instructor.

NVM, I got it figured out, in Lecture 1 of the section, the link wasn’t broken, unlike the link which I was trying to open in the Lecture 2 resources. I still can’t open the project because I am using UE 4.24 (if it is possible, can you share a link in the resources which has the project made in UE 4.24? ), so I think that I still need help. And also, you might want to fix the broken link against lecture 2, since that is the lecture where the (new, I don’t know him, might want to record a video so that we know his name??) instructor mentions that we have to download the link through the resources.

@sampattuzzi ?

1 Like

Today the link works, so maybe the technical team fixed it. But still can’t open the project. I was wondering, the SimpleShooterAssetPack was made in UE 4.22, shouldn’t the ToonTanksProjectZip be made in the same version?

Yeah, we fixed it! I will ask Rob about that.

1 Like

Still can’t open level :frowning:

Hey there!
It’s been 21 days so far. Any progress with making the ProjectSetup file work with UE 4.24??

The map is rather basic and not that great anyway (no offense Rob). Any particular reason you want that exact same map?

This is free and you would be able to make something better with it.

So, what about the rest of the things in the Project setup file? I will still be able to use them, right?

Pretty sure that’s it.

Edit: Nope. @Rob_Brooks would it be possible to provide the non-imported assets. That way people can import them whatever version they want to use it with?

Oh yes, I tried importing but it doesn’t recognize the .uasset file.
I also made a project with the SuperGridStarterPack, and it was amazing! The level of detail, the textures and materials, they were astonishing! Thanks.

I’ll install an old version of Unreal and recreate base project in that. I’ll get it over to you ASAP.

I’ve just created a new project in an older version and tried to make it exactly the same as the initial version so just waiting for confirmation of that being uploaded to the site.

I tried opening the project, but still it is not able to work with UE 4.24. Looks like it hasn’t uploaded yet.

Returning here after quite a while. Looks like this has been resolved and I didn’t mark a solution and the thread got bumped. It’s done now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms