The Lighting flickers all over the place!

Hello, this is my first post ever on Gamedev.TV, so apologies if I mischose the category- I’ve been watching the “Light Types” lecture from the " Unreal 5.0 C++ Developer: Learn C++ and Make Video Games" course- and I noticed, that there is mad flickering upon the placement of BP_Sky_Sphere, DirectionalLight and SkyLight in the scene and linking them. (as seen in the screenshot)

I was wondering, if it is the issue with the drivers, Unreal engine (I am using Version: 5.0.3-20979098+++UE5+Release-5.0 if it matters) issue , or actually me misfollowing the tutorial?!
Also, when I launch the project and switch to it , my graphics card fan starts spinning really loudly (I am using the Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080)
Any help/ tips would be greatly appreciated =)

If you mean what the right zone of your screenshot doesn’t looks well, it’s because you have to make a tweak for Lumen compatibility. If you follow well the tutorial, you will see that part.

Spoiler:
You have to disconnect the Pixel Depth Offset node from the StoneWall material instance.

If you have troubles with your graphic card, lower the graphics of the project. The RTX 2080 isn’t enough when working in Epic graphics for example.

Well, firstly thank you so much for a quick and helpful reply- I apologise, I meant I had RTX 2080Ti, but I guess the point remains, that it is still not quite up to speed for Epic quality - but the thing is, even at the medium quality (which I changed via Scalability option) there is not so much noise from my Graphics card’s fan- and Still, the flickering appears over the textures at times…

As for the Lumen tweak compatibility- I honestly do not remember that part (with changing the StoneWall material- is it by any chance in one of the future lectures, to which I have to get soon?)
Again, thank you for answering so quickly and informatively, I hope it’s not the age of my graphics card or some weird glitch of Unreal 5, because I don’t remember that flickering in any of my previous projects in Unreal 4 or 5?!

I believe this is Does any one know why do i get these blurs??

I don’t know exactly in what lessons explains the compatibility with UE4 assets, but you should try it first, because maybe it’s a problem with the textures of the dungeon pack.

I’ve the same graphic card and after that I can see the meshes perfectly!

Thank you, I will check out the FB solution next time I use Unreal =)

Okk, will do, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms