The Last Starfighter! The top down 2D Unity course shooter!

So I put my own little spin on it. Used all the assets, but did a few things here at there to add my own flavour. I have a Trello board that has things I’d like to continue adding. Have a play and let me know what you think. Constructive criticism is always helpful!

1 Like

Very solid, I like it a lot! The controls feel very snappy and work as you’d want them to. The music and sound effects are all good choices and fit very well with the theme and look of the game, which is awesome!

My only couple of nitpicks:
Enemy fire - particularly, the weaker enemy’s fire that is a straight line, can be a little challenging to keep an eye out for just because it blends in with the background and things moving under it. Maybe instead of blue/cyan it could be something like red? I also wonder if making the shot just a little bigger would help that too.

When my shots hit the second enemy, there’s no feedback saying if I did or not. Or if there is a sound, I couldn’t hear it over all my cool pew pews. I’m not sure what the right answer is for that, I’m not much of a designer. If I had to take a stab at it, maybe have some kind of visual that shows it was a hit, like a smaller particle explosion? Not sure what would be the most effective though, to be honest.

Seriously though, this game feels really tight! I hope my feedback doesn’t seem too critical, I just tend to try to find the next best ways to improve something, even when it may not need it.

Hi Billy, thanks for the feed back. Both very valid points and added to my to do list. Thanks for taking the time to play it. I’m glad you enjoyed it.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms