The Knight

I did overall shape by bridge loop cut operation
Mirroring is nice tool, it is almost first thing that I googled and used far before it was introduced on this course.

and now that I downloaded showcase image I saw funny mistake. Knight is looking wrong way (my stand is not symmetrical). Thankfully top of other pieces has symmetry.

5 Likes

Very different looking knight piece. Great coloring too. And I like the design flow. Amazing job.
You can delete the mirror, delete one edge loop at the top of the base, rotate the top by 180 degree, then bridge the loops and reapply the mirror modifier to rotate it the right way if you want.

3 Likes

I like this color too. I ended to use it on modeling by accident but I don’t know if I should use it instead of black-ish color that I have on my scene at the moment. ( after all I have seen many chess set that has one painted and wood colored. Also I think this knight is looking accidentaslly more a dog than horse. :sweat_smile:

It was 90 degree off. I done test and tried to rotate (and scale because of symmetry) and on end result maybe this look little bit more horse-ish but in my opinion some degree of conformity with other models get lost. Or maybe it is just me. (I hit the first knight model and queen model next to new knight for comparison.)

Knightvol3

ps. I scale my model width on chessboard scene, so on picture every stand is 5,5 cm width

2 Likes

The left knight is much thinner that the other one. Feels too thin to me. But a fine horse and chess piece.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms