The Knight

The biggest modelling challenge so far - was fun!

6 Likes

Nice work.Looking great.Nice dark themed lighting by the way.Looks and feels mysterious!!
And you are right.Making the knight was a challenge for me too!The funny thing is I made a whole model of a cow for my farm challenge.But that was easier than making just the head of a horse for the knight.And I have no idea why?

3 Likes

The cow, you did from memory, just modeling with the tools you know.
But the knight had an end goal. No free-wheeling. And you had to work with an existing base, converting to a mirror object and a bit of free manipulation of vertices. The problem is how to get extra vertices on the right spot to model. … So many challenges and problem areas. Most students struggle with this one.

4 Likes

Hehehe!!You are right about that.Thank you. :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

Definitely a struggle. I actually quit for about a week. But I’m back, one vertex at a time.

3 Likes

Hehehe,That’s the spirit! Have fun dude :joy: :rofl:

Yes, the difficulty is increasing.
I tried yesterday to model something on my own (without a voice in a video telling me, where to click) and I must say… it’s hard. A long way to go until this becomes second nature.
I treat it like a challenging computer game… the day will come, when I beat the next boss… and the next… and one day I run through the blender-dungeon without a single healing flask :wink:

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms