The Fuzzy Fish!

One of my favorite artists, Yee Chong, recently posted this adorable little creation, and I decided to try my hand at re-creating it in 3D for this part of the course. I challenged myself to complete this whole part of the course in 1 day… still took pretty much all day, mind you, but now I feel like I have the tools to go faster! Here’s the final image:

I used vertex painting for the colors and used that as the color on the fur as well, great and easy way to get all that lovely color variation! The HDRI and the ground texture are both from Polyhaven.

Here’s Yee’s original artwork, Ella the Fluffy Salmon (He’s art_of_silverfox on IG or silverfox5213 on Twitter if you want to see more of his work!), and my sculpture:

12 Likes

That is amazing, good job.

3 Likes

Very nice work. Good reference to have to inspire it.

3 Likes

That’s absolutely adorable! I love the fact that you got some displacement going on the ground. I did the same with my project. Such details make a huge difference! You did a very good job! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It was the first time I tried setting up a displacement map, really pleased with the result. I look forward to learning more about displacement, bump, and normals, and how to get them all to work together for the best result!

2 Likes

Love! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms