The First Red Block Model Car

My first block model car. Added a little red, black and grey materials with some metallic and smooth properties. Hope everyone is having a great day!

7 Likes

Nice side-skirts, I see you used the same idea for the windshield as I did. Mine is a bit plain because I am unable to select a material or perhaps just don’t know how to yet :joy:

This is mine…

2 Likes

Hi Wayne,

because I am unable to select a material or perhaps just don’t know how to yet

You can add a splash of colour by doing the following;

• right-click within Assets and select Create
  • select Material
  • name the newly create material asset accordingly, perhaps “Tyre”, “Headlights” etc
  • with the material selected, view the Inspector
  • change the colour of the Albedo property to your choice of colour
  • drag the material from Assets to the appropriate GameObject, either in the Hierarchy or within the Scene View

Repeat the above steps until your car is how you would like it to look :slight_smile:

Materials are covered in the Project Boost section of the course, so you’ll be doing this very soon anyway.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks Rob! That was definitely helpful. :smile::+1:

4 Likes

You’re very welcome, and how cool does your car look now! Nicely done :slight_smile:

Very Cool, I had no idea how to do color until after uploading, but your attempt is real nice.

2 Likes

It’s not too late to have a go and then pop up another screenshot Christian :slight_smile:

Thank you, for the interest, I had moved on a bit, but have figured out how to manipulate more and add color. Here is another update.

4 Likes

That is sweet. I feel like it would be awesome with some loops like an old school hot wheels track. @Turtle_Rojas

1 Like

Nice way better man! I like it, didn’t even think about headlights for mine lol.

2 Likes

Nice job!

1 Like

Thank you for the explanation! This was very helpful!

1 Like

You’re very welcome Nathanael, it is covered in the Project Boost section of the course, but a lot of people, like yourself, want to do that little bit extra early on :slight_smile:

Nice job, I’ve been taking a break but am interested to see what you’ve been up to since!

Privacy & Terms