The Final Bastion

Hey everyone,

After a quick brainstorming session, this is what I’ve come up with for the game document for this lecture. Please let me know what you think! :slight_smile:

Title: The Final Bastion

Theme: Roman / Greek sort of theme, defend your home from intimidating and incredibly strong titanic humanoids.

Story: The war has been lost, and the empire has fallen. The Legion’s generals are dead, and your fellow commanders are lost with them. If not for you, the entire legion would have perished in the Battle of The Damned. Realizing at the last moment, the enemy was baiting your army into a trap, you held back the modest number of men under your command, protecting them from the great collapse that brought about the end of your leaders and the vast majority of their forces. After a long and perilous journey across the continent of Onira, you’ve led your men back home to your home city of Cyrasus, the capital of the Caros Empire.

Finally reunited with friends and family, you and your men find a brief respite amidst the horror you’ve all endured over the last four years. However, you may not rest for long, for while the Legion’s long campaign has ended, the fighting has not. The Druthnic, titans of the East have come to claim further glory and to fully crush their enemy. They are ruthless, care nothing for gold and lands, and know nothing of mercy. They only seek to grow their legends and tell their descendants one day of the great sacking of Cyrarsus, how they destroyed the once great Caros Empire. You must pool together every last resource, every bit of gold, every machine, every weapon, and have every scientist and inventor dedicated to finding new ways to wage war. As the last leader of the Legion, it falls on you to save your people from complete annihilation.

Player Experience: The player should feel a sense of anticipation and dread, a slow and gradual build to chaos. Players will have to make do with limited resources and place defenses where their usefulness will be maximized.

Core Mechanic: Make use of a large variety of towers, saboteurs, warriors, archers, catapults, and traps. Strategically place barricades, spikes, and pitfalls. Your city walls will have a certain amount of hp, and the longer enemies remain by the wall, the more it will be damaged. If your wall’s overall stability reaches 0, the game will end.

Specs:

-Platform: PC / Mac / Linux

-Mouse Input

-16:9 Aspect

Stretch Goals :

-All goals that were mentioned in the lesson.

-Hero units can be obtained by upgrading towers until the final evolution.

-Towers can be moved at the cost of gold.

-Especially dangerous boss enemies which can destroy your defending towers and require massive amounts of damage / or hero units to defeat.

-City walls which can be upgraded to have higher hp or gain special new defenses like fire bombers over time by spending gold.

2 Likes

Considering all of the circumstances and consequences, as the leader of these people, I’d move to Arizona. I’m tired of fighting and nobody wants to conquer a desert! :laughing:

Seriously though, I like the story! Very good detail! Is this for the Realm Rush game?

2 Likes

Haha, yep. It’s for the Realm Rush game, I always like to have fun with the lore and backstory when creating a game, I’d almost say it’s my favorite part lol. Thanks for the feedback! :smiley:

I think you’re right. Even the best looking games, without story, would be rather bland. I agree with you.

Privacy & Terms