The Devil without a shirt

I have just finished the complete-blender course. I have been tinkering with learning 3d for years and this course is the best introduction I have found. Grant amazing at making the whole process of learning Blender non-threatening and fun. (There should be ‘Pause the video and have a go at that’ t-shirts.)
I’m a 2d animator and illustrator so really enjoyed the animation and sculpting units. What I wasn’t prepared for was how much the sculpting was like drawing. It just felt soooo natural I should have tried it years ago!

On to the Dragon modelling course next!

9 Likes

Seems your 2D drawing skills soon came to the fore in sculpting. Very nice Devil.
Well lit too.

Welcome to this site.
Take some time to look around and take part, support, and encourage other students.

2 Likes

Thanks. After wrestling with box modelling sculpting is surprisingly natural.
also I think I have a soft spot for lighting. It’s a bit like painting. :grin::+1:

2 Likes

This is pretty wild Squeakypics.
Thank you for sharing your experiences with this! I’ve done a bit of drawing myself (Nothing to any professional degree, I’d say im still more of a student) and have also wondered if maybe I could find some kind of similarity between that and all this 3d stuff. I’ve slowly found some love for the poly modeling and am starting to really enjoy that workflow, but I have yet to really touch the sculpting stuff. I should add this course to my course list! I have seen a lot of great stuff from people that took it :grin:

2 Likes

Great job. I can really feel the demon ;D

I should improve my drawing skills. ^^

1 Like

Drawing should be fun :grinning:

1 Like

Poly modelling is more like doing puzzles to me. One of the hardest bits is to work out the order things should be done. I enjoy it but sculpting feels much more immediate and natural to me. Mind you I haven’t attempted any re-topolgy yet. Drawing is a handy and fun skill to have and benefits many aspects of life. Not the least is making you really look at things :grinning:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms