The Default Cube Attempts To Get Revenge

I really enjoy animation, I can sit there for hours playing with it. This took me about 5 hours to put together (I don’t know if that’s a long time) most of it was just figuring things out, making lots of mistakes, then correcting them and enjoying every minute of it.

6 Likes

Excellent somersaulting lamp. But did it shoot the default cube or a new one? It landed on another that might have been the default cube! Revenge of the cubes is due next!

1 Like

That’s a good point actually, I think the cube it landed on is probably actually the default cube, but is it still the default cube once it’s been transformed? I guess I was just calling an unedited cube a default cube. The default cube is sitting waiting for the right opportunity to strike.

I was actually going to have the default cube get it’s revenge in this video, but when it came to animating it I just couldn’t figure out a way to make the lamps destruction look good, it’s made up of so many different objects it was a bit of a pain to figure it all out, where as with the cube it’s much easier as its just the one object. But I may have another look at it, I’m still not done with the lamp section of the course yet, because every time we do some animating I get distracted and start playing with it for hours. There is so many things you can animate in blender, even a subdivision modifier can be animated which surprised me, the cube that the default cube shoots comes out as a cube, then a subdivision modifier is applied mid flight, and it also gets scaled to the size I wanted mid flight, unfortunately it happens so fast its barely noticeable.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms