The Blender Collab; Weekly Themed Gallery (Week 9)

Did you try blasting Eye of the Tiger whilst you worked? That helps everyone get better, faster, and stronger!

Jokes aside, I was being a bit loose in my comments, and I’m sorry if I came over cocky or annoying to anyone! I’m glad you feel better submitting for the monthly one; there haven’t been any submissions yet, so I hope they start to trickle in soon! I can’t wait to see your submission. As I said in that topic, feel free to collaborate with anyone else, whether you want assets from them or want to make assets for a bigger submission; it’s all in pursuit of the same goal of creating wonderful 3D art.

I can at least say, for me, my lack of a weekly submission was not due to also doing a monthly one; procrastination gets the better of all of us, and I’ve fallen into a rut after my desert scene got a decent amount of praise! AAH, hubris!! I hope my ego deflates soon and I can resume working on creating art for everyone! :smile: (Being IRL sick also didn’t help lol)

/rant D: lol.

I’m back from holidays, so i’m late :slight_smile:

My scene : a Zorglubmobile (sort of spaceship created by Zorglub https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zorglub ) lost in Tatooine

Thank you AbdullahAbdin for the sand creation.

8 Likes

Egads! I big sharp stick taken to the device playing that tune is a perfect solution to that nerve wracking song! I found it utterly annoying when it came out with no improvement as it has aged. LOL! It would make one insane in a short period of time but, then again, some might think the same when I listen to Ramstein as I work :wink:

Nah, your comments were fine! Cocky and cheeky have their place! No annoyance or offense taken. :slight_smile: on my part anyway. Since I really do not know anyone to collaborate with, I am having to do my scene by myself, which in and of itself, is quite fine. It makes me much slower in creation but, I can then say I did it all myself. Plus, it forces me to learn and makes me research what I don’t know…like texturing is the bane of my existence…Blender really needs to look at simplifying the process. I am not terribly fond of having to work it all out having to resize UV maps for the venue I want to use the pieces in. I may change my mind about this once I learn more about texturing.

My lack of weekly submissions besides being slow and a beginner, have more to do with working full time with lots of hours, caring for a home and caring for an elderly parent. It doesn’t leave a whole lot of time to just sit down and do something I would like to do. I wish I had more time to devote to learning and creating in Blender; thus, comment on keeping the monthly along with the weekly. Gives more people the opportunity to become part of this community who otherwise might not be able to participate.

I am sorry you were ill. No one should be sick during summer or the end of it! It’s just not right! Hope you are getting better. Great job coordinating the Gallery!

P.S. This is one of the things I have been working on for the “Treasure Hunt” theme. Took me all of yesterday to create between figuring out how to texture the darn thing to trying to figure out how to use the darn array modifier for the jewels in a circle (which failed BTW and had to set them manually), modeling it was the easy part. LOL

5 Likes

I will post the new theme later this evening. I am thinking about a much narrower subject for this week :wink:

1 Like

Migraine Christensen I got badly stuck initially when I I first tried to make a polar array but it’s actually just confusing to learn an easy once you get it. I don’t know where the tutorial is at this moment but will post it here for you tomorrow when I find it. So useful to know I use it on just about every model at least once. It’s not simple like turbocad where there is a tool for circular arrays haha will post the tut tomorrow for ya you will love having the skill once you know it :slight_smile:

Thank you, Rszarka!

I watched a couple of videos on YouTube for help and ended up being really frustrated. I was going to add jewels around the textured ban on the cup but decided was too much work to add them manually. I appreciate the help and look forward to the tutorial!

New theme is up:

2 Likes

I couldn’t find the tutorial i had tucked away so made this up for you real quick …give it a go and if you have any questions just send me a pm :slight_smile: Hope this helped

3 Likes

Woo Hoo! It worked! Dances around with much joy Thank you very much for taking the time to create this visual tutorial! This was so much easier to follow than the tutorials I was trying to watch. I sincerely appreciate your creating this Rszarka.

1 Like

Your very welcom morgaine I’m so glad it worked for you :slight_smile: now you can make polar arrays around everything like crazy zit sure does come in handy! I was worried I forgot a step or something haha glad I could help :slight_smile: that’s what our teachers made this website for I think so we can all collaborate help and learn from each other

1 Like

I am going to use the instructions, I hope, to put some jewels on a crown. I will send you a PM with a screen shot when I am finished with it.

Collaboration is good! You share tips & tricks with one another, which I think we all learn from.

Again, my thanks Rszarka!

1 Like

yes i learned from that i was searching for that thing for ages :smile:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms