The Blender Collab; Weekly Themed Gallery (Week 3: 2017) (Animals)

This week’s theme is animals! Make your favorite animal, or your least favorite animal, heck you can make one up if you want. I hear platypus bears are popular.

If you missed it, don’t forget to check out last week’s gallery.

2 Likes

Give this army of Chihuahuas something to bark at! (btw this is my submission :slight_smile:)

(EDIT: Got the colors working :smile: I think I like the impact of the black and white though.)

2 Likes

I love it when the weekly coincides with what I’m working on! ;D

Guess that means I better buckle down and get it done!

(Btw, is that your submission or just a picture you’re posting for inspiration? xD)

2 Likes

@McFuzz That is my submission :grin:

If anyone knows how to get the colors to show up while using the post processing edge render in Blender Render I would appreciate the information. :slight_smile: (EDIT: nvm I think I’ve got it :smile:)

1 Like

@NixeKnox are you using Freestyle line rendering or a custom post processing workflow? I know you can change the colour of the ink in Freestyle within the line style properties, I’m not sure how to set it to the colour of your objects, but you can definitely pick a specific colour.

2 Likes

@Stephen_Jenkins I’m trying to get it to work like this and I think I’ve figured it out :slight_smile: I’m going to have to play with it some more though :laughing: Thanks!

1 Like

Oh I see, I think that they’re using the toon shader

2 Likes

Woo! I finally got one done. But it’s not a ‘typical’ animal, I was half-way through this when the challenge was called out this week.

Oof, I hope it turned out okay, I poured a lot of time into this, and a lot of time that wasn’t poured into this was poured into thinking about this.

6 Likes

@McFuzz

Just curious but how long have you been 3D modelling for and did you take Ben’s course on 3D modelling?

2 Likes

I started in August of 2015
…Procrastinated for the entirety of 2016
…And made a new year’s resolution of one 3D model per week, which I’ve already failed.

Also yes, I took Michael’s 3D course, but went off on my own after the lamp section!

2 Likes

@McFuzz

I just can’t believe how good your model looks and I thought it would take a lot more time to learn 3D modelling for good results.

I bought the blender course a year ago but haven’t touched it yet. I might dive into it soon.

4 Likes

That’s an awfully large compliment! Thanks a lot!

It’s a very obtainable goal; of course, there are more tutorials under my belt, but I’d never made a 3D model before Michael and Ben’s course.

I keep telling myself that I’m not making any progress, but I suppose your comment has proven me otherwise!

3 Likes

Think i have watched a lot of your work since coming to gamedev from the start and you have made amazing progress.
Your models just keep getting better and better.

2 Likes

@McFuzz That’s adorable, love the hair! Definitely something to bark at. :grinning: It can be a made up animal, that counts too. :smile:

2 Likes

Haven’t entered in awhile so thought i would throw this in …been working on it for quite awhile so decided to finally add the finishing touches for this weeks themed gallery …so i am kind of cheating as i made most of this Tax before this week…will animate it one day … Mc fuzz thanks so much for doing such a great job and creating and managing all the collab threads on this site for everyone they are a great resource and fun!

8 Likes

@rszarka Love the Taz, can’t wait to see the day you animate it! :smile:

Oh gosh, looks like it’s a tie this week! With @rszarka and myself both getting the same number of likes (4 likes) on our submissions.

As such, I’m going to come up with a nice compromise for this week’s topic. But I’ll keep everyone in the loop! And come up with something fun for the week.

3 Likes

Congratulations to both @McFuzz and @rszarka! :smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms