The Blender Collab: Weekly Themed Gallery (Final Entries due Sunday December 17) Superheroes

Very cool :wink:

Here is my submission: The Bat Signal

7 Likes

Hello!
By tradition evil super hero - diablo :sweat_smile:

mouse post effect)) and d3 art background

and overpaint variant

10 Likes

Wow, awesome!

Found some time for a second entry, i like this one better .

6 Likes

Where is it from?)

it’s from the the incredibles :smiley:

I like Infernos :smiley: :

Does anybody know a way, how i could easily put a emission material into only the cravices?

10 Likes

Wow, thats awesome

Thanks, this is my second model i sculpted :slight_smile:
I really like sculpting now :smiley: :smiley:

That looks awesome!

I am not sure how easy it would be but I suppose you could create a control texture with the crevises on white and other on black and then use that control texture to control the factor in mix shader that has the emission coming as one node.

It might be possible to procedurally generate that from the diffuse texture as well with some sort of texture manipulation but that depends a bit how your diffuse is set up.

I am not sure if this helped at all, but I wanted to chip in :slight_smile:

Cheers, Jax

1 Like

Thanks Jax :slight_smile:
I also had the control-texture way in mind, but haven’t been 100% sure about how to realize it :smiley:
I will try to figure it out :muscle: :smiley:

1 Like

I found two ways to get the result i wanted :slight_smile:

1st. : Create a Vertex Paint Map, and plug it in the mix node factor, as Jax suggested.

2nd. : Use the pointiness of the geometry node and plug it into a color ramp, switch black and white colors and move them close together around a value of 0.5 . Then use this as the factor of the mix node.

7 Likes

Midoriya Izuku, from Boku no hero academia. Love this guy :rofl:

I don’t have enought time to add the rest of the body, but here he is:

Edit: Added the freckles

9 Likes

Golem will look steeper with more random lines, or directly from reference)

I do not know if you will be textured or not, but if you paint a simple gradient with a layer, then it’s better to be, here what I mean)
https://support.steampowered.com/kb/9334-YDXV-8590/dota-2-workshop-character-art-guide
imho

Grew up a bit)

7 Likes

Time to vote:

Well seems it’s a tie, I will give this round to @marilu597, Congratulations :wink:

3 Likes

Wow all the works were soo cool. Thank you! I’ll post the new theme shortly.

2 Likes

Link to the new thread: The Blender Collab: Weekly Themed Gallery (Final Entries due Sunday December 31) What you celebrate this time of the year

1 Like

Privacy & Terms