The Blender Collab: Week 20 Themed Gallery ("Rock 'n' Roll")

I hope i can finish it on time xD
Any thoughts ? Critique is welcome :slight_smile:

12 Likes

That Freddy Mercury is looking so good! Do you sculpt with the mouse?

1 Like

Past week we had Dancing Queen, now we have Killer Queen, you guys better keep the Queen trending going on.

1 Like

Thanks @Marcello :slight_smile:
No, I am using a Veikk A50 drawing tablet.
Sometimes I use the mouse with the move brush.

1 Like

@Yee
That’s true, didn’t realise that :joy:

Hi everyone, here’s my render for the challenge, I’m back to work now, so I had less time to get it done this time… Have a great day!

8 Likes

Creepy! :+1:

1 Like

It looks great! My only thought is that the legs are pretty skinny, but it’s a caricature, right? so that may be a stylistic choice. Or maybe Freddie’s been skipping leg day at the gym. :smile:

Do you do your characters mostly through sculpting?

1 Like

Yeah, It’s Chris Fehn from Slipknot, I did model all the band with the goal of setting the whole stage, but I went stock with the rigging part of my plan and I ran out of time to finish it. Maybe next time! I went through some tutorial on rigging on youtube using rigify but never managed to make it work…

2 Likes

I hope I’ll be able to finish this on time, I had no idea the amount of details a guitar has!

8 Likes

Yes, it’s a caricature, i found a nice concept art of it :smiley:

Yes, if i do characters, since the beginning it’s a sculpting process. I do basemeshes, but even they are made through sculpting. Before i made the base meshes through box modelling, but i feel with sculpting its more faster / efficient for me :smiley:

First i wanted to do a Rock of Ages rolling rock, but FedPede instantly beat me to it. So now i made an e-piano i play on. It’s still not done, but i’m not sure if i will be able to finish it in time. And the most important part, the keys, are finished :slight_smile:

12 Likes

maybe will finish him on time, at least i hope so xD :smiley:

15 Likes

Rock N Rolling Stones.

Ok Not my subject. Never deliberately listened to any pop music in my life. Are the Rolling Stones rock or roll band? Well these ones are gathering no moss anyway.

7 Likes

He is looking great Manu! :grin:

1 Like

Hey, just figured out I still have some time to achieve this project! I just worked on it quite a bit, but still having some rigging issues, When I generate a rig when using rigify, it reset all my other rigs, and this is quite annoying if you ask me! Any tips about that by chance?

Thank you :grin::+1:t2:

Did you apply scale, rotation?
What it exactly do you mean by resets your rig?

I’m so sorry. You could made a second one. Because I don’t want to spend much time on it. Other project on the roll… Ahhh, well as the third one, as I see now NP5 had the same idea … :wink:

2 Likes

Marty McFly and The Band

Honestly, I didn’t expect I can do it. Just tried.

15 Likes

Privacy & Terms