The Blender Collab: Week 20 Themed Gallery ("Rock 'n' Roll")

He is looking great Manu! :grin:

1 Like

Hey, just figured out I still have some time to achieve this project! I just worked on it quite a bit, but still having some rigging issues, When I generate a rig when using rigify, it reset all my other rigs, and this is quite annoying if you ask me! Any tips about that by chance?

Thank you :grin::+1:t2:

Did you apply scale, rotation?
What it exactly do you mean by resets your rig?

I’m so sorry. You could made a second one. Because I don’t want to spend much time on it. Other project on the roll… Ahhh, well as the third one, as I see now NP5 had the same idea … :wink:

2 Likes

Marty McFly and The Band

Honestly, I didn’t expect I can do it. Just tried.

15 Likes

Wow, I’d love to see the scene animated :star_struck:

3 Likes

I didn’t even finish my Pyramid yet. I think, animation will not come soon…

1 Like

You can skip pyramid …

Or just do it, because some aspects of blender are explained.
but then it will be a breeze to follow it.

2 Likes

O _ O! this is so epic!! I love it! hahaha

2 Likes

Great stuff everyone!

1 Like

It’s a bit later in the course, yes.
Now I’m wondering, are the characters modelled in pose then, without an armature?

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t know what is armature. I did not study it yet… I just used cubes and changed them. Didn’t you do the same with your dancers?

1 Like

An armature is a group of bones that are linked to the object mesh and deform it in a controlled way to pose and animate it.
Here is one of my characters from last week in her default position, with armature visible:

And here she is posed for the final image (some of the bones in the armature have custom shapes, so they change appearance between the images):

2 Likes

Yep, I did apply every transform that I made prior to posing. What I mean is I rigged Corey Talor first, with an amazing lead singer pose, then, when I started to rig Chris Fehn With a great percusionnist pose, Corey Taylor was back to his original lifeless pose, wich is quite annoying! I made a few test yesterday, I first taught that as I use the same body for all the nine band members, I might had linked duplicated them with their rigs, witch could explained why they are affected by changes made to an other model, so I made a non linked copy of every model, rig them with new rigs and… Same problem… damn it! I might try to copy them in separate blender files, rig them there and abend them to the scene. Lot of time wasted anyway, I would have liked to spend all this time modeling the scene!

1 Like

great movie, good call to bring it back!

2 Likes

Armature is hell! Stay away from it for as long as you can! Your free time will fade into inexistance if you try to do something with it! Trust me, armature just want to break you into sadness!

1 Like

Here’s the final rendering of my guitar; adding all the details I wanted would require at least two more days, so this will have to do.
Working with many reference images and trying to replicate the various shapes has been fun but also rather tiring

9 Likes

You also could unparent (alt +p , keep transform) them when you are happy with their Pose and Pose the next character.
But if you don’t mind, you can upload your file and I’ll look into it after I am back from work, but that might be after the deadline.

ohhhh really? Didn’t knew about the unparenting, I’ll try that tonight and I’ll let you know how it went! Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms