The Blender Collab: Week 19 Themed Gallery ("Party time!")

Indeed everyone made something unique and cool. Also want to thank @yo_johann @Karthik_KK and @Ethan_Martinez for their contributions which made me waste hours today trying to search the internet and just try and come up with a way to make a disco ball look like it’s actually reflecting light like it should.

3 Likes

use volumetric rendering …

For me, I haven’t covered it on the course.

1 Like

When is the new theme starting? Is it not overdue?

Votes are open until tomorrow at 1 PM CET, then the winner will choose the next theme

2 Likes

It looks awesome

The votes are in, the poll is closed, and the winner is … :drum: :drum: :drum: :drum: :drum:

… albesca’s “Cube Dudes partying after a week of hard work” !

Congratulations to @albesca! Now it’s your turn to choose the next topic and make the next thread.

Thanks to everyone who participated. I know I have really been enjoying these challenges so far. Lot’s of fun modeling and also seeing what you all come up with. Let’s keep it going!

10 Likes

Congratulations @albesca! Yes, it’s been really fun and I’m looking forward to the next one! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks everybody, here’s the new thread on Rock ‘n’ Roll!

4 Likes

Can you explain a bit further? Googling volumetric rendering didn’t help me much. From what i was able to gather, it is not easily possible because of the way Cycles calculates raytracing.

Just to be clear: this is the kind of reflection i’m talking about https://images.unsplash.com/photo-1503218751919-1ea90572e609?ixlib=rb-1.2.1&ixid=eyJhcHBfaWQiOjEyMDd9&auto=format&fit=crop&w=500&q=60

Oh, I thought you mean light beams from the sphere.
Your picture is just reflection.
So increase light intensity!

Or create a sphere of light spots …

1 Like

Looking really good, maybe once I am comfortable in blender, we could make a short party animation film.

Love this character man

Wow :astonished:

Hi Sir,
The Glass is realistic…How you do it?

Check out Tyger2’s glass recipe (It’s basically from the Blender Guru series as far as I know):

2 Likes

Yes, it’s straight from Blender Guru Donut Series! Not sure if that’s how @Marcello did it, but it looks similar.

Hi Nova_15

Actually i just played around with the materials of the glass, liquid and ice cubes until i was happy with it.
I would just follow the above mentioned tutorial :slight_smile:

One thing i found useful when playing around was this list for ior values: https://pixelandpoly.com/ior.html

2 Likes

Thanks to all sir’s for your reply.

1 Like

WOW :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms