The Big Hello Thread!

Hi all,

Angela from New York City, USA here. I’ve been excited about VR and AR for a few years, initially when the NYVR (New York Virtual Reality) meetup launched.

Since then I’ve dabbled in Unity and Unreal, but wanted to explore and develop my 3D modeling skills, starting with the Blender course.

I also work at Augment, an augmented reality platform that lets you configure, manage, and view 3D models in real size in the real world. I’m excited to see the models I create in my environment!

In addition to the Blender course, I plan on taking the Unity or Unreal course to develop a VR project.

All that to say I’m happy to be here and learn from everyone. Please feel free to reach out and connect!

Hey everyone. My name is Broderick (might be obvious haha) and I’m from Hawaii.

My ultimate goal is to get hired into a company in the industry. I’m currently working towards my CS degree and plan to use the Unity course to add on to the skills that I’m learning in school. I’ve got a few ideas for games that I’l like to complete and build up a portfolio. I’ve got my eyes on the Unreal course for the future as I’d like to add C++ to my skill set as well. If anyone has a recommendation of an intermediate or higher C# course to go along with this class, please let me know (or if this course covers that then great!).

I’m a few lessons in and I’m really enjoying it. Hope to see everyone around!

Hello. My name is Ossie and I am continuing my foray into programming with this course. My game development aspirations are to (of course) come up with a killer game.

Hello Everyone,

I’m Johan. I’m a Sr. Software Engineer from Wheeling, IL USA, but I’m in college ( on hold at the moment ) for Game and Simulation development. I’m am starting the Blender course, but I want to do all of the Creation and Animation Courses. I started my degree as a hobby, but I’m hoping to one day create some really cool games and simulations.

I look forward to what this course have to offer and learning with you guys.

Hello,

I’m Trevor, and I’m from Arizona. I am enrolled in the Blender course, and am brand new to animation of any kind. I love film and story-telling and, currently, my strength is writing and I hope to complete my first novel this year. I work as a video editor for a marketing company, but it is pretty basic and my software qualifications are in Camtasia and Adobe Premiere.

What I would like to do after learning Blender is work for an animation studio (the pipe-dream is Disney Pixar). For now, I’d hope to just be able to turn an idea that I have into a, at the very least, tiny reality.

I’m excited to get started,

Trevor

Hello!

I’m J-Wall, an optimistic film maker obsessed with 3D printing here to dabble with VR world creation. Hope to meet yall and brainstorm soon. I’m from Nashville TN and my aspirations for gamedev are to take over the world…that I create. :smiley:

Hello, This is JuHo.
I am Korean, age of 17.
I am high schooler and live in China.
I enrolled on the blender, physics, unity, and vr course.
I already learned unity by myself one year ago and made simple 2d running game, and tried making vr map of our school just for fun and stopped for a bad design.I used javascript when I learned unity3d.
I found limitations and annoyance when I learned by myself so I found this course attractive.
My current goal is to make one great and meaningful game before my high school years end!
Hope i can get sufficient skills and inspirations through these courses.
Nice to meet you guys :smiley:

Hi All,

I’m Dan, from Kent, UK.

I’ve enrolled in the Unity, Unreal and Blender courses. I’m just starting on Unity. My goals are to learn C# and C++. I’m currently a software and systems tester, and want to improve my skills and boost my confidence so I can start applying for developer/programmer jobs.

Really impressed with the design and layout of the course, the community and support structure. really looking forward to working with you all!

Hello World, lol, my first C++ code. I am Norman from Colorado. I am 39 and very interested in making a UE4 game. Nothing too elaborate, just a simple click and strategy game. I am very resourceful and have primitive Ue4 skills. First time coder. Would be nice if we could make a team and each week would be dedicated to one of our games. We could create a forum for each game idea we have. Just a thought. Thank you and God Speed, Norman

Welcome, hope your dreams turn to virtual reality. Please feel free to ask any questions. I am a newbie but very resourceful. Take care and epic creation to you, Norman

Hi Dan, please feel free to ask any questions. I believe with the talent we have in here like yourself we can conquer coding obstacles. Thanks, Norman

Hello, I’m Joe from the US… Atlanta, Georgia.

I’ve been a developer for 33 years, and still learning. I take courses from a variety of sites to stay up to date with languages, frameworks, design, etc. Enrolled in Make VR Games in Unity hoping to use what I learn as a front end for some business apps.

I’m 30 or so lectures in and I’m delighted at how good Sam and Ben are as instructors. Probably the best course I’ve ever taken due to a number fo factors: pace, explanations, good samples, build up. I certainly plan to buy the other courses offered. Keep up the great work Sam and Ben!!

Hello everyone.
I’m Ahmet. I’m a C++ programmer from Turkey.
See you all in the discussion sections.
A.

Hi There,

I’m Mark, from Yorkshire in England
I’m in the unreal engine developer course - learn c++
I’m expanding my skills as i start a open university degree this autumn
always wanted to code and make games so at the tender age of 42 Ive decided to have a go at it :slight_smile:

Hello!
I’m Giacomo and I’m from Italy! So please excuse me for my english! :smiley:
For now I’m in the Unreal course, I really want to have some basis on the engine, and also on some basic game rules, to apply for the games that I have in my head! :slight_smile:

I am first a gamer, I really love video games since I was a child, and was used to play with my family. Now I’m a programmer, thanks to my studies at the University of Udine and also to my job (it’s some years now that i work as a programmer).

Since I have a full time job, I won’t be able to be 100% of the time present for the discussions, but i’ll try to participate occasionally.

Hi All,

My name is CJ. I’m currently in Melbourne, Australia; I’m originally from San Jose, California.

I’m currently in the process of completing my MBA. I am hoping to learn how to create games for fun, portfolio pieces, and to understand the development process. My goal is to utilize the skills I’ve learned to find work in the games industry.

Greetings everyone from metro Detroit in Michigan.

My name is David and I’m an older user of Bryce and Blender (pre version 2.5), I sort of felt lost when 2.5 launched and fell away from the fold. Lately I have been very interested in the 2D and 3D arts. As my kids progressed through art school my creative passion started to grow once again.

I am thoroughly loving this Blender course as well as a Sketching course on Udemy by Robin Slee. Both courses have given me the confidence to press on to see what I’m capable of!

My goal is to grow in my skills enough to be able to do work similar to the current CG masters like Pascal, Gleb, Reynante, Witold, Chris Kuhn, and the rest. That may be setting the bar too high but I love their work and it would be awesome to produce something like they do!

All the best,
David W.

Hi, I’m Peter, I’m in Montreal.

I’m hoping to be able to at the end of this build enough of a portfolio as to impress or at least intrigue potential employers. I also want to be able to make games on my own time for my own satisfaction.

‘‘Hello World’’, my name is Axel, I have a passion for Blender and CG in general, and strive to master it to be able to inset myself in various industries CG potentiates (new word?) my next goal is to develop a marketable game hat(asset) within 30 days. (Aug 4,2016) and to keep learning from there. I strive for photorealism. so yeah.

Hello, I am Azrael Nox and I’m a small time YouTuber and a janitor with too much time on my hands.

I started the Blender course last week and I’ve come quite a long way in that time and that’s amazed me immensely. Especially with how much I’ve been learning and having a great time doing it.

Some of you may recognise me from the Blender Facebook group from the wonky bowling pin and bright green bowling ball. The reason I came over here is because I got banned from Facebook for refusing to give them my legal name. My name is fairly uncommon so I decided to use my internet pseudonym instead.

Now, the main reason Facebook doesn’t like that and won’t tell you is that doing that eats into the advertising revenue they get from selling your details and activity profiles secretly gathered by their algorithms.

If they’re missing a key piece such as your legal name when selling said information to advertisers that’s pretty much akin to selling a jigsaw puzzle to someone else with a few of the centre pieces removed.

You can see what the picture is supposed to be from the sum of it’s parts but without key pieces it’s practically worthless.

Anyway, I’ll just down off my soapbox and continue on with the Blender course and then when that’s done probably make a bunch of assets for something to do before starting up in Unity.

If anyone wants to have a chat by all means feel free to contact me. :smile:

Privacy & Terms