The beauty itself - Blender integration

Godot <-> Blender integration

Ohh yes!! You can create on Blender and the changes will be updated REALTIME in Godot. Please let me show you how to do it!!

1. Go to Project Settings - FileSystem → Import. And make sure the Blender option is activated there.
  1. Go to Editor Settings - FileSystem → Import. In the ‘Blender 3 path’ paste your blender location
  1. Go ahead and create a new Blender project and save it to your(in this case) turret folder of the Godot project
  1. Now drag and drop the .blend cube to the root node
  • step4
  1. Now you can go side-by-side with Blender and ANY modification you make and save on Blender will be reflected in real time on Godot!!! :open_mouth: In the image below a made some crazy things to the cube just to show you the possibilities. Now, imagine being good at Blender cuz I’m not haha.
  • Finally consider that Blender and Godot manages orientation as a mirror. Have fun. Let’s continue!!

As always a little Video showing the steps in action

• Bye!!
3 Likes

And it goes even further. Check this out: =)

Also, since you need to explicitly specify the Blender filepath in Godot (you can have multiple versions of Blender installed at once), it’s probably just as easy to switch that filepath to a different installation of Blender if you need to compare versions, fix compatibility problems, etc.

2 Likes

Hey thanks!! I also notice that you need to work the Albedo(and texture or maps) thing inside Blender!!! BTW loved that prefix explanation!! Nice video thanks!!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms