The Badly Hidden Temple Pyramid (Section 2 final challenge)

My latest Blender 3D projects is a blocky desert pyramid I call “The Badly Hidden Temple Pyramid”

I added a texture (I looked up a tutorial online). I also imported a palm tree asset so that I could provide a sense of scale with the pyramid.

I also went with a night scene so that the braziers and the internal light could feel more powerful.

6 Likes

It looks really good =)
I think you could extend the sand just a little bit more. Other than that I really like what you’ve done.

We had a desert challenge as the 2nd collab of the year, this would be a really good entry.

Oh, and there’s a new one starting today!

3 Likes

Very nice desert based pyramid. With an exotic top building.
The scale might look grander with a human eye height perspective.

1 Like

Great idea! Below is a high-angle shot with the sand extended (learned about the camera clip end distance when trouble shooting this idea :slight_smile: ). I also added a displace modifier to the sand pane (my first time using a displace modifier; I’m excited more than ever for a proper education in future sections).

And thanks for mentioning the collabs. I had no idea these existed. I will definitely look into them.

3 Likes

Brilliant idea! See my low-angle revision above. Thank you!

1 Like

That is a very impressive looking pyramid in that render.

Oh! This lower angle got me! This is definitely good.

Yes, I think you’re going to find them fun. At least I think they are fun but the best thing is that they are making me much better on 3d than only doing the lessons.
And considering what you’ve done I think it would be perfect for the desert Collab.
I’d check it to get inspired for future projects.

3 Likes

Loving it!! Much better, and gives you an idea of how large the pyramid really is. :grinning:

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms