Thanks Rick and Ben for a great 2D learning experience

I hope to hear about this…

When creating a new level by duplicating I am trying to put together a list of those little things…
for example…

1. Check collider positions for each layer
  2. Check camera position.
  3. ??
  4. ??

I have been having such a hard time with the camera movement for new levels??
How can I be sure about the cameras?

A step by step list would help me a lot on copying a level

1. duplicate level(x)
  2. DO I HAVE TO MOVE IT ON TILE MAP? yes right? checklist? THANKS
  3. Then edit level make new things in it
  4. loop until done

Hi Steve,

Thanks a lot for your positive feedback. We are glad to read that you are enjoying this course. :slight_smile:

You can’t. Nobody can. That’s why we always have to test, test, test.

Before you spend too much time making the duplicated level look good, test if changing something in the duplicated level changes something in the original level as well. Some students experienced problems with duplicated levels.

What is “it”?

I have to admit that your list feels a bit complicated. Maybe you could create prefabs of things you need in other levels, for example, the player or your “special” camera setup. And for the rest: Design the level until you are happy with the result. Test the new level. If it works, it works. If it doesn’t work, fix the remaining problems. Done.

It … is the new level (the dup itself)
I am a bit confused about this tile map thing
each level contains prefabs of everything (Except the TIle Map Grid) already right?)

Seems we have ONE Tile Map Grid for all levels. Is this a correct statement?

It also seems as if the transform of the Tilemap Grid has a differant x position?

no overlaps? right?

All objects in new scene or level
check the transform positions to make sure they do not overlap over scenes or levels.

Which is why I feel as if we have ONE big TileMap (reminds me of a large spread sheet)
Where each level has its own starting positions that do not overlap others.

Is this correct?
Thanks

I have to admit that I’m currently slightly confused. Are we talking about one scene per level or all levels in one scene?

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms