Thanks Grant and crew...great course

Thanks again for the great content… loved the course… Animation has always seemed the scariest bit of the whole game production pipeline, but after doing this, I feel a lot more in control…
I would love to have done a small section on Incidental animation (think things like landing gears coming down, or things like guns animating) and exporting, but I assume with an armature and actions all is possible

Learning about Blenders actions has really turned on a light bulb for how to work with multiple animations… it was a mental struggle to get things working in Gadot (via gltx/glb export) at first, but now it’s done I understand how it all ties together, and can (very) quickly iterate on animations in Blender, and within less than a minute have it exported and re-imported to Gadot with all the scene architecture and scripts / signal references etc all in place.

I would love to have shown a little vid of our character happily thrusting and swiping and running and idling away in Gadot, but it was too much effort to upload a vid to youtube :wink: so you’ll have to take my word for it, and here’s a little screeny instead of him mid swipe in Gadot 4.2 instead.

Thanks again

4 Likes

Privacy & Terms