Thank you Rob, and gamedev.tv team

Nice new section! Thanks Rob for making it. Thank you gamedev.tv for supporting the course with new updates. You guys rock.

I’ll be working on my mega challenge now.
Take care, hope to see more of your future work with this group.

Doug

4 Likes

Awesome job for completing this section Doug! I can’t wait to see what you do for the mega challenge!

I agree.
Very interesting section.
Rob has been very clear and concise.
I really appreciated the experience !

Thanks Rob! Even though some of the things seemed rush at first (for me at least), your style of doing things did teach me some new ways of coding. The blueprint part where you made the text appear on the screen is still something I didn’t really understood what you did exactly and I already completed the archived course so I wasn’t completely unfamiliar with the Widget blueprint. If @GameDev ever thinks or refreshing some of the videos, this is one I would advise to do 155. Creating widget blueprints. Maybe add some more explanations to how blueprints work inside the widget because you created 4 in 2 minutes. That’s just to quick for me.

1 Like

I’d never used blueprints before so I did have to watch that video (‘Creating widget blueprints’) about twenty times since it went by so quickly. It seems like it would be much easier to implement in c++ code with a simple UFUNCTION in ATankGameModeBase to call a generic widget .

You’d call the ‘ShowTextToScreen(FString Message, int32 DisplayTime)’ ATankGameModeBase UFUNCTION multiple times for the countdown and once at the game end.

I do grant that occasionally the hard way is done to expose students to new methods.

Privacy & Terms