Thank you for the course!

I would just like to thank you all for producing such an incredible course! I had tried a few times in the past to get into game programming and I kept getting held up by the lack of structure and completeness of the various learning sources that I was using. When I saw that this course was 55 hours, I figured that it had to be pretty in-depth and thorough and I was not disappointed. I enjoyed the teaching style and the challenges were very beneficial. Although sometimes I did find myself feeling unequipped to approach the challenge presented, for the most part they were pretty straightforward, and even if I couldn’t complete them I know that trying really helped me learn and reify the concepts. After listening to over 53 hours (the duration of the course less Bull & Cows) of @sampattuzzi’s and @ben’s voices I’m sure I’m going to miss the encouraging attitude and patient remarks every time Unreal inexplicably crashes on me in the future! I am incredibly grateful for all of @DanM’s help along the way as well, as I’m sure I have more than sufficiently annoyed him with my incessant (sometimes 2+ a day) questions. Know that thanks to you I now feel better equipped to handle my own questions and you’ve provided me with some valuable learning resources! Your time was not wasted.

I wish I could provide some insightful feedback, but everything that I would have liked to say has already been voiced several times in the Q&A and discussion forums throughout the course, so I’ll avoid repeating the known and keep my post to saying thanks. You’ve inspired another aspiring video game programmer, and I’ll be sure to keep posting about my projects so you guys can see the fruits of your labor! Thank you!

4 Likes

Bentley, you rock for sending this over to us. And I’m sorry about the known issues :P. We are working towards fixing them.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms