Texture Streaming Pool

I don’t know if this is discussed later with the quixel bridge imports, but I seem to get a bunch of texture pool budget issues.

It ends up making the textures of some props blurred I think, and I tried to follow some tips here - https://stefanperales.com/blog/ue5-quick-tip-texture-streaming-pool-over-budget/ But I didn’t have the compression options or just couldn’t find them after a long search.

I’m on 5.3, and I didn’t enable scalability when creating project. I thought maybe this could also be an issue? Should I recreate project with scalability, and redownload the assets at a lower resolution? The reason I followed with the max res/nanite is because I read that some nanite features are disabled at a lower resolution.

I’d appreciate a brief rundown on this. I wish I knew more about these things, but I’m still a beginner.

You don’t need to remake the project with scalability, but you can adjust your scalability settings in the editor at any time.

That said, you can download and use lower-quality versions of the Megascans assets. But keep in mind that this message is letting you know that your GPU memory usage is too high.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms