Texture painting done, on to rigging next

4 Likes

A fine dark dragon!

2 Likes

A little too dark I think, I jumped on ahead and went a bit crazy with one of the brushes, then I watched what grant did after and liked his approach more, but I had just spent a good 45 minutes painting and decided I didn’t really want to undo it all, I’m still pretty proud of my work though overall, I liked that leather brush texture Grant was using but I couldn’t find that exact one, I tried a few others but I didn’t like them, I used a dragon skin one in the end, and I went a bit crazy with it and just slapped it all over the dragon. I wanted the back of the dragon to be a bit lighter and the front to be dark ( I’m pretty happy with the front) I think the texture brush I was using was pretty dark by default though, I had the brightness up full for the back of the dragon with a nice bright red, but it still came out pretty dark. But overall I’m happy with it, when I started the course I fully expected my end result to not even look like a dragon, I surprised myself that it actually came out half decent, the hands and feet are a real mess though but luckily it’s not really noticeable.

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms