Texture looks different on different objects using the same settings

Hi all,

I have two objects setup using the same texture and node settings. For some reason the bishop doesn’t show any wood grain and looks blurred. I have played about with a lot of settings and the only way I can get the bishop to look something like the queen is by setting the Texture Coordinate to Generated and not Object.

I am probably missing something simple, but thought I would put it out there to see if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks in advanced.
Dave

1 Like

It may have been mentioned, though I’m sure it wasn’t covered in any great detail, but, it looks to me like you’re having an issue related to how the UV Maps are laying themselves out on the texture image. Unless you want to skip ahead and look at the sections dealing with UV Unwrapping and manipulation, I’d say go with the solution you found.

Remember, there is always more than one way to a goal.

1 Like

I suspect it is the scale of the UV map on the bishop. Just scaling the UV map bigger would make the wood grain smaller. Use UV mapping viewport tab, select all bishop it will probably show the current uv map int he other window. Select all that and S scale it. Be enough at this stage to make it better I suspect.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms