TextMeshPro text section override indicator when duplicating tiles

Greetings,

I do not really know when and why. But whenever I duplicate an existing tile, the new one has the override indicator on the side and its in the TextMeshPro - Text box. If I duplicate the first tile (0,0) or I drag the prefab in from it’s folder, I do not have the override indicator. Can anyone help me?

Thank you for your time.

Hi,

What do you mean by indicator? What did you expect to see?

As you can see in the screenshot. The last tile object (5,2) has a blue line on the left of it. And in the textmeshpro, child object of that tile, you can see a big blue line on the left of the text box. It is the override indication, it was explained in the video as well.
But it appears when I duplicate (with ctrl + D) another tile apart from the fist one (0,0). And I do not know why

That sounds indeed odd. Which version of Unity do you use? Maybe you are experiencing a bug. If the issue persists in newer versions of Unity, please report a bug to Unity via Help > Report a bug (in the Unity Editor).

I am using version 2021.3.11f1, which I think is the newest one. I have reported it as a bug and I have read the docs, I am not editing it, I am just duplicating an existing object and it creates itself with the override indicator. Which is indeed very odd

If there is no problem with your game, I would suggest to continue with developing your game. The Unity support will probably answer in a few days.

The override indicator is because you made a change to it. The prefab has text set to ‘0,0’. You make a duplicate and move it to, say, (5,2) the text is updated (via script). The text is now different from what it is in the prefab, so it shows this with the override indicator.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms